|This week around 8000 issues came in…
Several trending terms relate to the Russian-Ukraine conflict, but other than that, none are tied together too closely. As predicted last week Loaf, of Meat Loaf who passed away about a week ago, did eventually make its way onto the leaderboard of emerging terms!
(Click on any of the terms to learn more about them and read newsletter issues they're in)
Newly Emerging Terms
- Breyer... Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer announced he's going to retire
- Loaf... As in the American signer Meat Loaf who died at the end of last week
- Rodgers... Related to Aaron Rodgers, of the Green Bay Packers
- Carlson... as in Tucker Carlson, American Fox News host, who's supporting Russia in the current Russia-Ukraine crisis. Ugh.
- Palin & defamation... Sarah Palin, former Alaskan Governor, is unvaxxed-- and got covid again (for at least the third time), which delayed her defamation trial against the New York Times this week. Oh, and she ate outdoors two days after testing positive, causing much hullabaloo.
Biggest Increase in Usage from Previous Week
- embassy (>200%)... mentions of several embassies, but mainly driven by the US embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine, which recommended US citizens should consider departing
- roe (>220%)... 49th anniversary of Roe v. Wade and discussions about its future and the ripple effects an overturn would have
- incursion (~200%)... related to the possibility of a Russian incursion against Ukraine. Double ugh.
Most Used Terms
Note that these "Most Used" terms tend to be used very broadly, in lots of contexts... vs. the other "Emerging" and "Biggest Usage Increase" terms which are, as you can tell, quite narrow and likely more meaningful/interesting.