|This week over 7500 issues came in…
This week, the newly emerging terms were dominated by statements and actions of the Republican Nation Conference. As one might expect, terms related to the Olympics also jumped up in usage.
(Click on any of the terms to learn more about them and read newsletter issues they're in)
Newly Emerging Terms
- legitimate... Several uses, but the majority relate to the Republican National Committee now saying the January 6th insurrection was "legitimate political discourse"
- Kinzinger... as in Rep. Adam Kinzinger who was censured, along with Rep. Liz Cheney, by the Republican National Committee
- RNC... yep, the Republican National Committee -- related to the above
- censure... What the RNC did to Kinzinger and Cheney
- skating... related to skating in the Olympics
- medals... related to the Olympics
Biggest Increase in Usage from Previous Week
- skiing & ski (~240%)... related to skiing in the Olympics
- truckers (>200%)... related to the protesting truckers in Ottawa, Canada
- Oscar (~200%)... Oscar nominations came out on Feb 8 and there's much chatter about them
Covid stayed off the top set for the second week in a row (a minor miracle!) ...and "Experience" and "states" both debuted!
Most Used Terms
Note that these "Most Used" terms tend to be used very broadly, in lots of contexts... vs. the other "Emerging" and "Biggest Usage Increase" terms which are, as you can tell, quite narrow and likely more meaningful/interesting.