|This week around 6600 issues came in…
The terms seem to be bucketed into a couple of groups this week; a few terms relating to the Mo Farah trafficking story, others to the Uber leak, and then some fairly generic terms used in multiple contexts.
(Click on any of the terms to learn more about them and read newsletter issues they're in)
Newly Emerging Terms
- Farah... Interestingly, two headliners appeared with Farah in their name: Mo Farah, the UK Olympic runner who recently revealed he had been child-trafficked to the UK, and Alyssa Farah Griffin who testified at the Jan 6th hearings.
- taxi... used in discussions around the big Uber leak this week (124k confidential documents): ride shares, ubers, taxis, regulations, etc.
- Tories... related to Boris Johnson, who will replace him, new leadership in the Tory party, etc...
Biggest Increase in Usage from Previous Week
- revelations (>375%)... used in different contexts, but mainly driven by Jan 6th committee hearing "revelations"
- illegally (>375%)... also used in many contexts, some of which include the Mo Farah being illegally trafficked, things the Jan 6th committee testimony revealed were done illegally, etc...
- Uber (~350%)... related to the leaked documents mentioned above
- telescope (~350%)... as in the James Webb Space Telescope which released its first five (amazing!) images on Monday
Most Used Terms
"United" fell off the top most used list and "market" hopped up onto it... if only the actual market would go up :)
Note that these "Most Used" terms tend to be used very broadly, in lots of contexts... vs. the other "Emerging" and "Biggest Usage Increase" terms which are, as you can tell, quite narrow and likely more meaningful/interesting.